Get Help from AAFE
COMMUNITY & HOUSING SERVICES
- Housing rights consultations; help applying/renewing SCRIE/DRIE; renewal of various government housing subsidies.
- Assistance accessing entitlement benefits – HEAP, food stamp renewal, apply/renewal of Medicare, assistance program for people with Medicare; and Lifeline phone services
- Assistance in applying for U.S. Citizenship and renewal of immigration status (service opens to everyone residing within the 5 boroughs, call 212-964-2288 for appointment)
- Other Services: client referrals; letter reading services; and completion of various forms and applications
HOUSING RIGHTS SEMINAR
- Held every Friday, 2pm, 111 Division Street, Manhattan.
- Seminars conducted in Cantonese/Mandarin only.
- Topics Covered: How to apply for affordable, senior, and public housing; Eligibility to apply for housing; and Eligibility requirements for Food Stamps, Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE), Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), Medicaid/Medicare.
- AAFECare Center for Seniors: Staff has been trained to serve as IPA/Navigators to assist with enrollment and renewal of healthcare coverage
- Can call 212-358-9922 or visit at 111 Norfolk St. in Manhattan for assistance from 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday
Senior Benefits/Affordable Housing; held every Tuesday afternoon at 3 p.m. Information includes:
- Senior Housing & Affordable Housing Applications/ Eligibility
- Most updated Medicare information
- Food Stamps
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE)
- Letter reading services
U.S. Citizenship/Immediate Family Immigration Application; every Wednesday afternoon at 3:00pm. Services include:
- U.S. Citizenship Eligibility and Process
- Citizen’s Rights
- Documentation and Information needed for the Naturalization process
Health Insurance; services provided by stationed health insurance representative; every Tuesday from 10:00am-4:00pm
- Child Health Insurance, Family Health Insurance, Medical Care, Medicaid, Prescription plans
Manhattan Chinatown – 111 Division Street, New York, NY; 212-979-8988
General Housing & Community Services for people residing within zip code 10002, 10012, 10013, 10038: Monday – Friday, 9am – 4:30pm. All other zip codes are limited to Thursday, 9am – 2:30pm
AAFE Queens – 35-34 Union St., Flushing, NY; 718-961-0888
AAFE Brooklyn – 4721 8th Avenue, Brooklyn; 718-686-8223
Click here for more information about AAFE’s offices.