Asian Americans for Equality is proud to work with the Corporation for National and Community Service to host Americorps VISTA opportunities dedicated to advancing economic opportunity through the AAFE VISTA 2017-2018 Immigrant Employment Program (IEP).
IEP provides a year-long service opportunity for new and seasoned change-makers seeking to develop skills and experience in supporting economic opportunity for immigrant communities. IEP is a year-long program with benefits offered through Americorps VISTA, including a monthly stipend, educational benefit payment, childcare support, and training opportunities nationwide.
Two opportunities are available:
- Immigrant Youth Employment Coordinator (Flushing, Queens)
- Immigrant Employment Network Coordinator (Flushing. Queens or Manhattan)
The deadline for applications is Monday, July 3, 2017.
Positions start August 24, 2017.
AAFE VISTA staff members support immigrant communities with:
- training for youth leaders around career, college readiness
- leveraging local resources, developing partnerships, and navigating current challenges facing immigrant communities;
- a deeper understanding of the needs of immigrants in New York City;
- the skills to work with local community-based organizations and communities;
- access to a network of engaged and influential community leaders working in different sectors in New York City;
- week-long training with VISTA members across the country;
- free webinars, networking, and tools to build skills needed to work and volunteer in service-oriented industries;
- and direct supervision and support in completing your VISTA assignments beyond the training room.
You can learn more about the Americorps VISTA Program here.
If you have questions, please email the VISTA Supervisor, Isabelle Leighton, director of Equality Fund, at: