Summary: The Facility Manager is charged with the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained building, placing maximum emphasis on positive response to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality building services, in coordination and conjunction with the Owner’s goals and objectives. The position coordinates the activities, vendors and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations.
- Ensures the day-to-day operations of a newly constructed mixed-use building, including janitorial, life-safety, repairs / maintenance and tenant services, are implemented and carried out in a manner consistent with agency policies and funders / ownership directives and in compliance to NYC Housing Maintenance Code. This is to include the management of contracts to assure all work is carried out as per contracts, reviewed on a regular basis, bid out as needed — assuring that invoices match contract pricing
- Supervise staff to carry out maintenance programs in relation to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the properties
- Responsible, at all times, for a positive and prompt response to requests from building and occupants and for the implementation of ongoing maintenance programs to constantly assess tenant and occupant needs and to assure maintenance issues are being solved promptly and to the mutual benefit of the tenant, owner, and the properties
- Ensure that all maintenance documentation and reports are completed accurately and on time, including (and as applicable): Property Information Book, Site Operating Manual, Emergency Procedures Manual, Housing Code Inspection Compliance Log, ADA Compliance Log, OSHA Log, Safety Meeting Log, Elevator Logs, Janitorial Log, Mechanical Inspection Log, Sprinkler / Alarm Inspection Log, Purchase Order Log, Vendor Certificates of Insurance, General Files, Contract Files, Annual Property Conditions and Year-end Performance Report, and other reports and documentation as required
- Prepares, reviews, and gives initial approval and as needed all inventory budgets, (monthly and quarterly), contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the facility(s) and the annual maintenance staffing budget, quarterly reforecast, and business plans
- Assists in the development of capital budgets for the property. This includes contributions towards a five-year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of the building’s energy consumption such statistical data as may be required to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives
- Responsible for hiring, training and motivating facility personnel. Responsible for the maintenance of positive staff relations. Conducts or approves performance evaluations for staff
- Drives innovation through the development of best practices, operational and service efficiency as well as the identification of industry trends and tools that would contribute to the property operational goals
- Facility Manager shall be thoroughly familiar with the management contract and all requirements contained therein
- Monitor and ensure that tenants and vendors comply with insurance requirements and coordinate all claims as required
- Familiarity with OSHA, fire safety, and regulatory compliance for Commercial buildings and facilities in New York City.
- Certificate of Fitness (S95) or Fire Director Certificate
- A minimum of 5 years commercial / multiple dwelling property, and/or property portfolio management experience required (with a 4-year degree); a minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience if no degree
- Breadth of experience in leasing, construction, engineering and all facets of property operation and building management is preferred
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, and analytical skills required
- Experience in facilities management, renovations, and experience in a skill trade profession (e.g. electrician, plumbing, HVAC) a plus.
- Strong computer and systems knowledge is preferred
- While performing regular duties, the employee is required to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions
- The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- The employee may be required to use hands to operate office machinery including, but not limited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines
- The employee will be required to walk, talk, and hear
Stanton Norfolk provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Stanton Norfolk is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Language Preferred: Bilingual Chinese and Spanish
- Compensation commensurate with experience
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com.