Position Title: Credit Manager
Organization: Renaissance Economic Development Corp.
Report To: Director of Lending
Work Location: New York, NY
Employment Status: Exempt
Renaissance Economic Development Corporation is a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) certified by the Department of the Treasury as well as an approved Small Business Administration Microlender and Community Advantage lender. Since its inception in 1995, Renaissance has provided direct financing to over 1,200 women, minority, and immigrant entrepreneurs complemented by a full curriculum of business counseling.
Renaissance targets low to moderate income neighborhoods in New York City where language and culture are barriers to conventional lending. Renaissance is an affiliate to Asian Americans for Equality (AAFE). Our dedicated and diverse team has multiple language capacity and understands the small business community. The strength of our small business team has led SBA to recognize Renaissance as one of the top 10 SBA Microlenders in the nation in the last three years.
By joining Renaissance as the Credit Manager, your main responsibility is to monitor the credit quality of each loan, portfolio risk rating, and ensure each loan is in compliance with Credit Policy and Procedures and the terms and conditions of the loan agreements. You will evaluate and make decisions on each loan prepared by the Loan Officers ensuring quality and soundness of each loan and provide guidance and mentoring to the Loan Officers. Credit Manager will also work with Post-Loan and Portfolio Team to remediate any delinquent loans to reduce portfolio risk level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and assess credit memorandums completed by Loan Officers and provide a formal credit review to loan committee recommending approval or denial of requests for loan funds under established credit guidelines.
- Responsible for the quality, integrity and soundness of all financial analysis, underwriting and credit approval processes.
- Manages the work flow of the Loan Officers team, in coordination with Director of Lending, promoting efficiency in order to meet organizational goals.
- Provides guidance, insights, and feedback on structuring, underwriting and presentation of loan requests.
- Updates and monitors underwriting SOP and templates.
- Presents facts and offers opinions/recommendations to Business Development Officers concerning loan applicant’s eligibility for the SBA Community Advantage (CA) program.
- Assists Business Development Officers in gathering information for SBA CA loan requests and maintains contact with clients.
- Assist Loan Officers with underwriting SBA CA loans to be submitted to SBA.
- Provides credit training at staff meetings for all lending staff members.
- Process loan modifications for permanent restructure and track modified loan progress.
- Assist the Post-Loan Team with technical assistance to distressed borrowers and provide these borrowers with tailored financial management solutions to mitigate loan delinquencies.
- Track portfolio data and report risk of loan portfolio.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Perform other related work and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5 or more years of experience in Credit Analysis and SBA lending.
- Strong verbal and written communication ability and organizational skills
- Strong accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis experience.
- Strong knowledge of credit policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Knowledgeable of SBA SOP’s.
- Knowledgeable of local businesses and resources
- Hands on experience working with small business owners is a plus
- Experience working with low income individuals and diverse communities
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, perform under pressure, and flexibility to meet deadlines
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office and Google Documents
- Bilingual in Chinese is highly desirable
Depends on experience. Excellent health benefits with paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and personal days.
Interested candidates should send a résumé, a writing sample, and cover letter via email to email@example.com. For further information about Renaissance, please visit our website at renaissance-ny.org.
*NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE OFFERED INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Renaissance Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer