Position Title: Project Coordinator
Organization: Renaissance Economic Development Corp.
Report To: Managing Director
Work Location: New York, NY
Employment Status: Exempt
Renaissance Economic Development Corporation is a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) certified by the Department of the Treasury as well as an approved Small Business Administration Microlender and Community Advantage lender. Since its inception in 1995, Renaissance has provided direct financing to over 1,200 women, minority, and immigrant entrepreneurs complemented by a full curriculum of business counseling.
Renaissance targets low to moderate income neighborhoods in New York City where language and culture are barriers to conventional lending. Renaissance is an affiliate to Asian Americans for Equality (AAFE). Our dedicated and diverse team has multiple language capacity and understands the small business community. The strength of our small business team has led SBA to recognize Renaissance as one of the top 10 SBA Microlenders in the nation in the last three years.
By joining Renaissance as the Project Coordinator, your main responsibility is to provide proactive, responsive, and effective administrative support to Renaissance Managing Director and staff members. Project Coordinator serves as a central resource to staff and coordinates programmatic tasks and projects for the Renaissance team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a point of contact for any internal and external inquiries to the Managing Director and respond with appropriate judgement and professionalism.
- Assist in project management and track the progress of outstanding projects by monitoring deadlines.
- Document movement of projects from start to finish while maintaining continual dialogue between internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and communication plan(s) regarding projects among the team and/or external stakeholders.
- Prepare materials for meetings and presentations, data analysis, research projects on policies/trends, and other projects as needed.
- Facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all meeting members
- Prepares outreach and marketing materials and ensures marketing collateral is organized and aligned with company brand and image.
- Maintain and organize project documents and files both for physical and digital folders
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Perform other related work and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred
- One or more years of administrative experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication is a must
- Strong organizational skills is a must
- Experience working with low income individuals and diverse communities
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, perform under pressure, and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable of local businesses and resources is a plus
- Hands-on experience working with small business owners is a plus
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and Google Documents
- Bilingual in Chinese is highly desirable
Depends on experience. Excellent health benefits with paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and personal days.
*NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE OFFERED INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Renaissance Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer