Department: AAFE Care Center for Seniors
Position: Full-time, 35 hrs/week
Asian Americans for Equality (AAFE) is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of Asian Americans and all those in need. Founded in 1974 to advocate for equal rights, AAFE has transformed in the past four decades to become one of New York’s preeminent housing, social service and community development organizations. AAFE is committed to preserving affordable housing throughout New York and to providing new opportunities for the city’s diverse immigrant communities.
AAFE Care Center for Seniors’ mission is to provide a continuum of holistic care services addressing the health and social needs of seniors living in diverse, immigrant communities. AAFE Care grew out of a strong commitment to expanding our community services for seniors. The overarching goal is to help seniors successfully age in place, enabling them to live in their own homes and communities safely, independently, and comfortably, regardless of age or income.
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to maintaining the daily operations of AAFE’s new center in Flushing, Queens, slated to open in March 2019. The Assistant Manager will report to the Director and will work closely with other members of AAFE’s Community Services division as a part of their role:
- Supervise full-time, part-time staff and volunteers.
- Provide on-going observation, coaching, and feedback to staff.
Senior Care Center Programming:
- Recruit participants to join as members of the new, Flushing senior care center.
- Assist recruits with the member application process, confirming eligibility and other requirements.
- Organize social, educational, recreational, and wellness activities.
- Manage the center’s daily operations, including the coordination of member transportation services and the daily delivery of prepared meals to the center.
- Collaborate with AAFE Community Services staff to provide integrated services, ensuring senior access to long-term care planning; assistance in obtaining entitlement benefits; referrals for home care and legal services; and supportive counseling.
Administrative and Compliance:
- Develop and maintain relationships with Managed Long Term Care (MLTC) insurance companies and MLTC members.
- Manage daily operations in compliance with NYS Department of Health and NYC Department of Aging Social Adult Day Care (SADC) compliance policies and requirements.
- Manage SADC fiscal tasks, including the monitoring of timely billing and accounts receivables.
- Food process license must be obtained within one month of hiring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Strong knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, FIDA, MLTC and Home Care services.
- Familiarity with NYSDOH and NYC Dept. of Aging SADC compliance policies.
- Bilingual Chinese/English preferred.
- Experience with supervising staff.
- Strong data management, administrative, social media, and computer skills required (Microsoft Excel, Word, WeChat).
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work independently with strong motivation and flexibility.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits with paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and personal days.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter with salary expectations, and a resume in PDF format, indicating “AAFE Care Center Assistant Manager” in the subject line by January 18, 2019 to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
Asian Americans for Equality is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
People of color, community residents, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.