Job Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Property Management
Employee Type: Full-Time
Stanton Norfolk, Inc. manages the leasing and maintenance of more than 500 units of affordable housing, and commercial and community space in almost 50 buildings in neighborhoods throughout New York City, including Lower Manhattan and Far Rockaways, Queens.
The Maintenance Repair Person will handle and perform a variety of non-technical, non-licensed mechanical, electrical maintenance, HVAC, painting, carpentry, custodial, plumbing, general repair, and other handyperson tasks related to overall building maintenance for a new mixed-use residential and commercial building in Flushing, Queens. The Maintenance Repair Person will report to, and work under the direct supervision of, a Facility Manager.
- Performs general repairs and services in all maintenance related disciplines assigned by the Facility Manager.
- Performs preventative maintenance for plumbing, electrical, and heating systems in residential units as needed.
- Performs minor repairs including carpentry, painting, surface touch-ups, tiling, and flooring.
- Identifies and reports any deficiencies in residential units or the building.
- Changes locks, re-keys, and makes key copies as directed.
- Reports all accidents and any illegal activities to management in a timely way.
- Supervises any third-party contractors and utility companies as needed.
- Properly documents and details completed work orders.
- Completes any other tasks as assigned by the Property Coordinator.
- Maintains a working relationship with tenants at all times.
- Performs work with respect and professional courtesy.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in general maintenance, caretaking, mechanical, electrical and/or equipment and building repairs.
- Attention to detail.
- Bilingual is a plus, English/Spanish, English/Chinese, or English Korean.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Availability to work in shifts and with flexible schedules (e.g. weekends and evenings).
- Required to walk from floor to floor and may be required to walk outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions.
- Ability to move furniture; reach, lift, and carry heavy equipment.
- Required to stand, bend, squat, and regularly lift up to 50 pounds through course of shift.
$22 / hour. Excellent health benefits with paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and personal days.
How to Apply:
Please email a resume indicating “Maintenance Repair Person” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Stanton Norfolk, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.