Affordable Housing Compliance and Leasing Specialist
Stanton Norfolk Inc. manages the day-to-day operations of over 800 units of affordable housing across nearly 50 multifamily properties serving over 1,100 individuals and families in Manhattan and Queens neighborhoods, including Chinatown/Lower East Side, Flushing, and the Far Rockaways. Currently, Stanton Norfolk’s portfolio is comprised of full tax credit / affordable properties, as well as commercial spaces as part of mixed-use buildings. We pride ourselves in providing a full breadth of management services to provide quality, safe, and affordable housing; maintenance; financial reporting; and resident relations.
The Compliance and Leasing Specialist is responsible for maintaining compliance with Low Income Housing Tax Credit regulations and leasing vacant residential units under the management of Stanton Norfolk Inc. The Compliance and Leasing Specialist will report to the Director of Asset and Property Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor changes in LIHTC regulations and requirements and implement changes as indicated;
- Maintain tenant files of all properties in compliance with LIHTC regulations;
- Conduct interviews with tenants to determine eligibility and determine file readiness for preparation of the Tenant Income Certification forms and Annual Demographic Information forms;
- Processes annual certifications and unit transfers;
- Prepares recertification notification letters;
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for tax credit syndicators and funding sources;
- Participates in LIHTC reviews by outside entities;
- Prepares rent subsidy application forms for X8, SCRIE and DRIE-eligible tenants. Provides updated lease information in coordination with public agencies providing rent subsidies.
- Performs internal audits of tenant files;
- Participates in lease-up of new and vacant residential units;
- Possesses knowledge of the Federal Fair Housing Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Annual training in these areas is required.
- Attends trainings as required.
- Attendance at weekly supervision meetings and departmental meetings, as scheduled’
- Remains current with all Stanton Norfolk required compliance documents and trainings;
- Additional tasks as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Business Administration, Real Estate or related field preferred; or minimum of three years in affordable housing and LIHTC compliance-related work experience required.
- Certification in LIHTC compliance
- Knowledge of property management compliance practices and procedures related to affordable housing
- Knowledge of Section 42 of LIHTC compliances
- Knowledge of NYC Rent Stabilization and Rent Control guidelines
- Understanding of NYC Local Laws and agencies (NYCHA, HPD, DOB, ECB and HDC)
- Knowledge of Fair Housing laws
- Knowledge of HUD requirements and accounting experience is a plus
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated experience with data analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills for daily interaction with tenants, colleagues, and funders
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access Datab Base
- Bilingual/Spanish or Chinese is desirable
Salary is commensurate with experience. Stanton Norfolk offers a competitive benefits package, including full health insurance, retirement savings plan, flexible spending, and paid time off.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter with salary expectations and a resume in PDF format, indicating “Housing Compliance and Leasing Specialist” in the subject line to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Stanton Norfolk Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary to be commensurate with experience