Stanton Norfolk, Inc.
Location: New York, NY, 10002
Stanton Norfolk, Inc. manages, leases and maintains more than 900 units of affordable housing, and 100 units of commercial and community facility spaces in almost 50 buildings in neighborhoods throughout New York City, including Lower Manhattan and Far Rockaways, Queens.
The Accounting Assistants is the staff member responsible for maintaining books and records of General Ledger, Account Payable and Account Receivable of the managed properties under the supervision of Accounting Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with other accounting department personnel in expediting the timely flow of information as required.
- Maintain and reconcile the General Ledger activity for the properties in your assigned real estate portfolio.
- Complete/review the monthly close and prepare required financial reports to the banks, lending institutions, investors and Management.
- Complete/review the annual close and assist with the year-end reporting with the independent auditors.
- Timely processing and maintain general ledgers, account receivable, account payable, bank reconciliation and make required adjustments when necessary.
- Support the onsite Property Managers and other site personnel in all aspects of financial reporting.
- Monitor tenant receivables to ensure amounts due are paid on a timely basis.
- Assist other accounting personnel in making bank deposits.
- Work with management office personnel (Leasing Coordinator, Construction Manager, Asset Management, etc.) to maintain the integrity of the accounting system and to facilitate their financial reporting requirements.
- Assist the team with the various reporting to Regulatory Agencies.
- Assist the team in the preparation of the year end accounting for the various real estate entities for timely completion of the year-end financial statements and tax returns.
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Thorough experience and knowledge of real estate tax and insurance and trade functions
- A strong background with preparing monthly and quarterly property bill backs
- Experience working with all aspects of Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Experience with reviewing Financial Statements
- 1-3 years of corporate accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounts payables procedures and principles
- Understanding of general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close processes
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent organization and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail, thoroughness, and meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel,
- Familiarity with MDS preferred
Why you should apply?
- You can make a difference in people’s lives
- You will be immersed in communities with diverse cultures and backgrounds
- You will be receiving a competitive benefits and PTO package
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter with salary expectations and a resume in PDF format, indicating “Property Manager Application” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. **No phone calls, please.**
Stanton Norfolk is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
People of color, community residents, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.