Renaissance Economic Development Corporation (REDC)
Location: Manhattan, NY, 10002
Do you have the drive to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you love working with diverse communities? If the answer is Yes, COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM AT REDC!
Renaissance Economic Development Corporation (REDC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to help low-to-moderate income communities, immigrant neighborhoods and entrepreneurs in New York City where the barriers of language, culture and conventional loan underwriting have stymied the growth of small businesses. Our organization empowers these communities by providing financial literacy services and comprehensive technical assistance to small business owners and entrepreneurs each year. We offer services such as individual counseling, trainings and classroom sessions. We also offer low-interest small business loans and short and immediate term loans to entrepreneurs who need to grow or launch new businesses. REDC’s lending activities are guided by a commitment to increase business opportunities for low-income, minority, women, and immigrant entrepreneurs. As an organization deeply rooted in the neighborhoods it serves, REDC works hand-in-hand with local business owners to ensure their long-term success.
REDC is an affiliate of Asian Americans for Equality, one of the country’s leading community development nonprofits. REDC is also a US Treasury certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), SBA Intermediary Microlender, and SBA Community Advantage (7a) lender.
Post-Closing/Loan Servicing Counselor responsibilities include providing post-closing technical assistance to clients with loan payment issues and servicing of the loan portfolio for REDC. This position will be under the supervision of the Director of Programs and Technical Assistance.
- Maintain relationships with existing borrowers and troubleshoot any borrower concerns.
- Communicate with clients on their loan payments and any delinquencies.
- Communicate with business counselors when borrower has additional business needs.
- Provide clients with technical assistance on cash flow management when there are payment issues.
- Outreach to existing and new clients on new loan products or technical assistance services that can be helpful to the businesses.
- Process loan payments
- Assist with at-risk loans, loan modifications, pay-offs and charge-offs
- Loan data collection, analysis and reporting to funders, government regulators, board and REDC management.
- Support the attaining of organizational and departmental goals to mitigate risk and maintain a high repayment rate.
- Provide administrative support to REDC management
- Formal or informal experience and knowledge on how small businesses operates
- Knowledge on how the financial aspect of small businesses work because this role will be dealing with clients that are financially literate (e.g. direct lending, processing loans)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse clients
- Bilingual in Korean is required
- Ability to drive within the state
- Experience in customer service and ability to communicate clearly and firmly.
- Ability to manage and perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision, superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to provide sound judgment, effective decision making and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platform (Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint) and Portfol loan management database.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Job Type: Exempt, Full-time
Educational Requirement: HS Diploma
Work Schedule: M to F – 9 am to 5 pm, Occasional weekends
- Willing to travel 70% to 80% of the time to go to clients’ establishments
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid Driver’s License
Physical Demands: The position requires sitting, standing and walking in and outside of the office, occasional lifting and carrying of a weight of 30 lbs of event materials and office supplies.
Why you should Apply:
- You can make a difference in people’s lives
- You will be immersed in communities with diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Competitive Benefits and PTO Package
- You will be a part of an amazing team that is stable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible and professional!
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
How to Apply:
- Please email a cover letter with salary expectations and a resume in PDF format, indicating “Post Closing/Loan Servicing Counselor Application” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. **NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE OFFERED INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED**
Renaissance Economic Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).