Position Title: Business Counselor
Organization: Renaissance Economic Development Corp.
Report To: Director of Programs & Technical Assistance
Work Location: New York, NY
Employment Status: Exempt
Renaissance Economic Development Corporation (REDC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to transform low-to-moderate income and immigrant communities in New York City by providing low-interest small business loans, training and counseling services. REDC is an affiliate of Asian Americans for Equality, one of the country’s leading community development nonprofits. As an organization deeply rooted in the neighborhoods it serves, REDC works hand-in-hand with local business owners to ensure their long-term success. Renaissance also provides financial literacy services and comprehensive technical assistance to small business owners and entrepreneurs each year through individual counseling and classroom sessions.
We are US Treasury certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), SBA Intermediary Microlender, and SBA Community Advantage (7a) lender. Renaissance’s lending activities are guided by a commitment to increase business opportunities for low-income, minority, women, and immigrant entrepreneurs.
Renaissance is seeking an energetic Business Counselor reporting to the Director of Programs and TA. The Business Counselor’s overall responsibilities are to interface with loan clients, provide business counseling and technical assistance to clients, outreach to local entrepreneurs and represent Renaissance at marketing and outreach events.
Specific duties for the position of the Business Counselor are to:
- Meet with and consult clients on technical aspects of their businesses
- Share best practices in business counseling and financial analysis
- Make recommendations to the management on whether to originate a loan, and recommend loan amount, interest rate, as well as length of term
- Make site visits to client business locations
- Attend marketing and outreach events
- Maintain close customer contact to ensure continued satisfaction and to anticipate additional financing needs
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all client information obtained
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality
- Perform other related work and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and related fields
- Strong verbal and written communication ability and organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of local businesses and resources
- Had worked with low income individuals and diverse communities
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, perform under pressure, and flexibility to meet deadlines
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office and Google Documents
- Hands on experience working with small business owners is a plus
- Experience in financial and credit analysis is a plus
- Fluent in Spanish is highly desirable
Salary depends on experience. Excellent health benefits with paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and personal days.
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about Renaissance, please visit our website at www.renaissance-ny.org.
*NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE OFFERED INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED