Renaissance Economic Development Corporation (REDC)
Location: Manhattan, NY, 10002
Do you have the drive to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you love working with diverse communities? If the answer is Yes, COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM AT REDC!
Renaissance Economic Development Corporation (REDC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to help low-to-moderate income communities, immigrant neighborhoods and entrepreneurs in New York City where the barriers of language, culture and conventional loan underwriting have stymied the growth of small businesses. Our organization empowers these communities by providing financial literacy services and comprehensive technical assistance to small business owners and entrepreneurs each year. We offer services such as individual counseling, trainings and classroom sessions. We also offer low-interest small business loans and short and immediate term loans to entrepreneurs who need to grow or launch new businesses. REDC’s lending activities are guided by a commitment to increase business opportunities for low-income, minority, women, and immigrant entrepreneurs. As an organization deeply rooted in the neighborhoods it serves, REDC works hand-in-hand with local business owners to ensure their long-term success.
REDC is an affiliate of Asian Americans for Equality, one of the country’s leading community development nonprofits. REDC is also a US Treasury certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), SBA Intermediary Microlender, and SBA Community Advantage (7a) lender.
The Business Counselor’s overall responsibilities are to interface with loan clients, provide business counseling and technical assistance to clients, outreach to local entrepreneurs and represent Renaissance at marketing and outreach events. This position will be under the supervision of the Director of Programs and Technical Assistance.
- Meet with and consult clients on technical aspects of their businesses
- Share best practices in business counseling and financial analysis
- Make recommendations to the management on whether to originate a loan, and recommend loan amount, interest rate, as well as length of term
- Make site visits to client business locations
- Attend marketing and outreach events
- Maintain close customer contact to ensure continued satisfaction and to anticipate additional financing needs
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all client information obtained
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality
- Perform other related work and duties as assigned
- Formal/informal experience or knowledge on how small businesses operate
- Excellent knowledge of local businesses and resources in NYC is required
- Experience working with low income individuals and diverse communities
- Bilingual in Spanish is required
- Experience in financial and credit analysis is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication ability and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, perform under pressure, and flexibility to meet deadlines
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office and Google Documents
Job Type: Exempt, Full-time
Educational Requirement: HS Diploma
Work Schedule: M to F – 9 am to 5 pm, Occasional weekends
Physical Demands: The position requires sitting, standing and walking in and outside of the office, occasional lifting and carrying of a weight of 30 lbs of event materials and office supplies.
Why you should Apply:
- You can make a difference in people’s lives
- You will be immersed in communities with diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Competitive Benefits and PTO Package
- You will be a part of an amazing team that is stable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible and professional!
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
How to Apply:
- Please email a cover letter with salary expectations and a resume in PDF format, indicating “Business Counselor Application” in the subject line to email@example.com. **NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE OFFERED INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED**
Renaissance Economic Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).