Asian Americans for Equality (AAFE)
Location: Manhattan, NY, 10002
Do you have the drive to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you love working with diverse communities? If the answer is Yes, COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM AT AAFE!
Asian Americans for Equality (AAFE) is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of Asian Americans and all those in need. Founded in 1974 to advocate for equal rights, AAFE has transformed in the past four decades to become one of New York City’s preeminent housing, social service, economic development and community development organizations. AAFE is committed to preserving affordable housing throughout New York City and to provide new opportunities for the city’s diverse immigrant communities.
The Contracts Administrator provides day-to-day administrative support for managing the processing of funding designated by the New York City Council and New York State legislative members to ensure the timely registration of agency contracts, preparation and submission of budget and program modifications, reporting of program outcomes, and coordination of administrative audit and contract close-out. The Contracts Administrator will report to the Program Director, Community Services.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of contract packages for registration, working closely with the Program Director, Community Services, Program Managers, and Operations Manager.
- Collaborate with the Program Director, Program Managers and Fiscal staff to monitor program spending, and to prepare and submit program and budget modifications as needed.
- Set and track deadlines to ensure the timely fulfillment of contract registration, program and budget modification and reporting requirements.
- Prepare and coordinate administrative documents for site visits and funder audits, ensuring compliance with funders’ requirements.
- Serve as liaison between AAFE and agency contract managers to facilitate timely responses.
- Assist Program Managers with completing the New York State process for executing State agency contracts, including the submission and tracking of Legislative Initiative Forms and Grant Disbursement Agreements.
- Maintain an organized system of physical and digital archives for contract documents.
- Work with the Fiscal Department to update and maintain the insurance certificates for AAFE’s programs.
- Coordinate information from Community Services staff to generate program impact reports.
- Prepare monthly status reports of contract registration, amendments, and reports
- Set MWBE utilization goals and monitor progress towards achieving the goals.
- Experience of at least 2 yrs. in Contracts Management
- Experience using HHS Accelerator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel and Word, Google Suite and Internet search functions
- Experience with translating complex processes and concepts into trackable action plans
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and deadline pressures effectively
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines.
- Experience using PASSport and Grants Gateway systems for processing City and State funding awards is preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexibility to learn new tasks on a regular basis.
- Participation in staff meetings and trainings.
Job Type: Exempt, Full-time
Department: Community Services
Educational Requirement: HS Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
Work Schedule: M to F – 9 am to 5 pm
Physical Demands: The position requires sitting, standing and walking in and outside of the office. Occasional lifting and carrying of a weight of 10-15 lbs of event materials and office supplies.
Why you should apply?
- You can make a difference in people’s lives
- You will be immersed in communities with diverse cultures and backgrounds
- You will be receiving a competitive benefits and PTO package
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter with salary expectations and a resume in PDF format, indicating “Contracts Administrator Application” in the subject line to email@example.com. **No phone calls, please.**
Asian Americans for Equality is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
People of color, community residents, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.