Asian Americans for Equality (AAFE) is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of Asian Americans and all those in need. Founded in 1974 to advocate for equal rights, AAFE has transformed in the past four decades to become one of New York City’s preeminent housing, social services, and community development organizations. AAFE is committed to preserving housing throughout New York City and to providing new opportunities for the city’s diverse immigrant communities. To achieve these goals, AAFE organizes these key activities into several lines of business: Homeownership Promotion, Preservation and Lending; Small Business Promotion, Development and Lending; Real Estate Development; Asset/Property Management; and Community Services and Organizing.
We attract talented and diverse individuals who want to make a difference and are committed to our mission. AAFE offers a competitive salary, rich benefits and generous PTO while maintaining a sustainable work-life balance. We are now accepting applications for a Senior Executive Assistant.
Why we need you!
It will be the Senior Executive Assistant who makes our Co-Executive Directors look great! The ideal candidate will foresee research and address potential issues and new needs as they arise; optimize schedules, filter the distractions, streamline communication, enable remote decision making and keep projects on track.
Ultimately, the Senior Executive Assistant will be a strategic partner and able to identify, anticipate and address the needs of the Co-Executive Directors while aligning their work with AAFE’s mission.
- Coordinate daily calendars of Co-Executive Directors including AAFE board meetings and committee meetings
- Help with leadership team and board meeting preparations (e.g. preparing agendas and board books)
- Plan appointments and AAFE events (e.g. annual banquet, community events, forums, staff events, trainings and other special events)
- Schedule and ensure that meetings begin on time with prep material delivered in advance.
- Make travel arrangements for Co-Executive Directors and key board members
- Act as the point of contact between Co-Executive Directors and other executives, employees, partners and clients
- Create regular reports and update internal databases
- Manage phone calls and emails
- Respond promptly to queries directed to the Co-Executive Directors
- Facilitate internal communication and IT work order requests (e.g. coordinate 3rd-party help desk support and schedule help desk appointments)
- Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot malfunctions
AAFE employees create value by sharing common core competencies. AAFE employees are fearless, innovative leaders who think strategically; promote inclusivity and teambuilding while maintaining a strong commitment to respect and integrity.
- Minimum 3 yrs. of experience as an Executive Assistant
- Partnering, rapport-building, and relationship management skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and multitasking skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Confidence in making sound decisions and displaying solid judgment
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Must be a self-starter and very detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as a part of team
- Experience in using Google Suite (e.g. Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Calendar, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite
- Non-profit experience or background is preferred