Stanton Norfolk, Inc.
Location: Flushing, NY, 11355
Do you have the drive to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you love working with diverse communities? If the answer is Yes, COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM AT STANTON NORFOLK, INC.!
Stanton Norfolk, Inc. manages, leases and maintains more than 900 units of affordable housing, and 100 units of commercial and community facility spaces in almost 50 buildings in neighborhoods throughout New York City, including Lower Manhattan and Far Rockaways, Queens.
The Property Manager oversees day to day property management operations of One Flushing, a brand new, first class mixed-use development in Downtown Flushing, comprised of 232 residential units, 15 commercial and community facility spaces, and 1 parking lot. The Property Manager must provide professional services to all tenants and ensure that the facility team & the management team are well coordinated to carry out the property management activities. The Property Manager utilizes available resources to maximize the efficient and successful operation of One Flushing in conjunction with the owner’s goals and objectives under the supervision of the Director of Property and Asset Management.
Property Management and Compliance
- Initiates and manages all core business processes, including leasing, resident relations, marketing, maintenance, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, vendor relations, and Property Management team development.
- Ensures that One Flushing is compliant with Section 42 of LIHTC, Rent Stabilization Law, NYC Housing Code, the project regulatory agreement, and the funder’s agreements.
- Completes move-in/move-out inspections with residents.
- Answers incoming phone calls professionally and handles requests accordingly, whether the caller is a prospective resident, a resident, an internal Company team member, or a vendor.
- Conducts on-site safety meetings to discuss relevant policies and procedures and other relevant safety topics, in conjunction with the Facility Manager. Ensures daily safety logs are maintained.
- Communicates policy and procedure changes with team members to ensure the property is maintained to meet city, state, and federal code regulations.
- Identifies existing and potential barriers to the successful accomplishment of property objectives and utilizes performance data, observation, and budgetary and other financial information to implement solutions.
- Maintains professional relationships with residents, vendors, and team members at all times.
- Strives to meet resident needs and create win/win situations. Follows through on resident problems to satisfactory resolution and communicates problems to any necessary party to facilitate resolution.
Market Research and Leasing
- Creates a clear and realistic vision for the property and effectively communicates expectations and direction to team members.
- Ensures that market surveys are conducted on a regular basis, and that competition is shopped regularly.
- Utilizes market information to make strategic decisions ensuring the properties meet financial and other defined performance standards.
- Welcomes and shows prospective residents the property, utilizing Company leasing techniques and expectations.
- Demonstrates leasing techniques to the leasing office team and communicates expectations.
- Keeps abreast of industry, market, and seasonal trends to plan strategies to meet operational goals.
- Directly supervises Two (2) employees within the One Flushing division.
- Indirectly supervises Ten (10) employees within the Maintenance division.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Holds regular team meetings to communicate goals, progress toward goals, and expectations and identifies actions to achieve objectives.
- Leads by example for team members in the areas of resident communication, leasing, and problem-solving.
- Identifies, interviews, and hires appropriate team members for the Property Management team.
- Monitors individual team member performance and provides timely and constructive feedback.
- Identifies strengths of team members and plans assignments accordingly to maximize team performance.
- Performs on-site orientation for all new team members within two (2) days of hire.
- Maintains an awareness of training resources available and encourages the development of team members to achieve the operational goals of the company and the property.
- Sets and upholds high standards of honesty and follow-through for self and team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Experience of at least 5 years in property management or related experience and/or training
- Capable of building and maintaining effective and respectful working relationships with fellow employees, suppliers, and vendors
- Completes tasks and projects within deadlines
- Takes a hands-on approach to any necessary duties to ensure the job is completed
- Bilingual in Chinese and/or Spanish is required
- Ability to make informed decisions in a timely fashion
- Capacity to work with little to no supervision, using effective time management and organizational skills
- Partners with team members to resolve issues and highlight opportunities
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Has a positive attitude and keeps a solution-oriented and customer-focused mindset at all times
- Attention to detail and takes pride in quality of work
- Professional in-person and with phone presence and etiquette
Job Type: Exempt, Full-time
Organization: Stanton Norfolk, Inc.
Educational Requirement: HS Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
Work Schedule: M to F – 9 am to 5 pm, Occasional evenings and weekends (Candidate must be extremely flexible with the work schedule)
Travel: Willing to travel 70% to 80% of the time to go to our One Flushing building and our future property in Harlem, NY
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions
- Regularly use hands to operate office machinery including, but not limited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines.
- Regularly required to read, walk, talk, and hear.
Why you should apply?
- You can make a difference in people’s lives
- You will be immersed in communities with diverse cultures and backgrounds
- You will be receiving a competitive benefits and PTO package
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter with salary expectations and a resume in PDF format, indicating “Property Manager Application” in the subject line to email@example.com. **No phone calls, please.**
Stanton Norfolk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). People of color, community residents, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.