The Castle Leadership Program is an afterschool program designed to develop leadership skills, professional skills, and college/career readiness through both education and application. Its aim is to empower youths to become agents of social change in their communities.
Sessions are split into team-building activities to practicing leadership or professional skill. In preparation for student’s college and/or career, we administer career aptitude tests, give college readiness presentations and conduct individual mentoring and counseling sessions.
Some key components of the CASTLE program include the following:
- Weekly meetings on either Monday from 3-5PM or Thursday from 4-6PM
- Workshops on college and career readiness
- Service-learning opportunities to develop a sense of civic engagement and to accrue service hours
- Exploring post-secondary choices through workshops, college campus trips, job shadowing, and company trips
- Career Conference in April featuring professionals in fields like STEM, business & entrepreneurship, law, public health, education, social work, creative arts, and more
- One-on-one mentoring and counseling at least twice a semester
For more information or if you’re interested in applying, email us at youth[at]aafe[dot]org.
Click here to return to Youth and Family Development main page.