The Comprehensive After School System (COMPASS) at AAFE is a youth leadership-building program that runs from October to May for 9th and 10th graders. COMPASS emphasizes personal and skill development, healthy dialogue and discussion, as well as team building all through a social justice framework and structured curriculum.
Some key components of the COMPASS program includes the following:
- Weekly meetings every Monday or Thursday from 4-6PM
- Workshops on college readiness
- Community service opportunities to accrue service hours
- Professional and leadership development
- Career Conference in April featuring professionals in fields like STEM, business & entrepreneurship, law, public health, education, social work, creative arts, and more
- One-on-one mentoring and counseling at least twice a semester
For more information or if you’re interested in applying, email us at youth[at]aafe[dot]org.
Click here to return to Youth and Family Development main page.